Window blinds are a modern and stylish option for dressing most rooms and there are an array of types available. This is great for those of us that love the choice, but it can be a nightmare for people who don’t know where to start.
To help you decide which window blinds are best for your room, we’ve put together a guide of the 8 different types of blinds so you can choose the best ones for every room.
Venetian blindsVenetian blinds are metal horizontal slats that you can tilt to control privacy and light. You can adjust the slats with a tilt rod and move the blinds up or down with a cord.
- Great for rooms that are overlooked, such as conservatories
- Choose a slat width that suits you
- Easy to wipe clean with a dry cloth
Wooden blindsWooden window blinds are normally in the venetian style and can look timeless a living room or dining room. You can buy them with tape down each side which can match the colour of the wood or contrast it.
- Choose from a variety of stains and colours – no need to go for a traditional wood colour
- Lift, lower and tilt slats with cords
- Wipe clean with a dry cloth
Faux wood blindsFaux wood blinds have a wood effect and usually come in the form of horizontal slats. You can tilt these to control the light and privacy in the room.
- Lift the blinds and tilt the slats with cords
- Choose from a range of slat sizes
- Perfect for kitchens and bathrooms where humidity is a problem
- Wipe clean with a dry cloth
Roller window blindsRoller blinds come in the form of one layer of fabric that wraps around a tube at the top of the window. They come in a range if colours and patterns, so you can go neutral or bold.
- Available in blackout fabric
- Lift with a sidewinder chain or choose a cordless option
- The blinds also come in PVC or Teflon finishes
- Wipe clean with a dry cloth unless you’ve got a water resistant blind, when you can use a damp cloth
Roman blindsRoman blinds are a fabulous option for most rooms, but are especially suited for bedrooms to make them feel cosy. They have folds of fabric which gives a pleated look.
- Choose from a huge range of colours and designs
- Available in blackout blinds
- Lift and lower with a cord or chain
- Easy to clean with the upholstery attachment on a vacuum
Vertical blindsVertical blinds are vertical strips of fabric that are tilted to stop the light coming in. There are lots of colours available and look best on tall windows.
- Pull back the blinds and tilt them with a wand or sidewinder
- Choose from different widths
- Different fabrics such as PVC, dim-out and glare reduction available
- You can wipe clean, vacuum or even machine wash some fabrics
Pleated blindsPleated blinds are a great option for offices. They are formed of concertina folds and are very neat when rolled up.
- Available in fabrics that keep heat in in the winter and heat out in the summer
- Wipe-clean and sheer fabrics help to fit any style room
- Lift or lower with a cord or tab
- Simply wipe clean with a dry cloth
Skylight blindsSkylight window blinds are specially made for ease. They are a single layer of fabric that fits within the window frame, and come in a range of patterns and colours.
- Blackout and wipe-clean options to suit your needs
- Use a tab to lift or lower the blind
- Wipe clean with a damp or dry cloth depending on the fabric type
- If you’ve got the budget, there are motorised remote-controlled versions available to make it easy to lift and lower
With so many options to choose from, it can seem daunting when you’re trying to find window blinds that suit your home. But now you’ve got all the information to hand, you can make the perfect choice.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?